S465...

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
How do they spool on a 5.9L Cummins? I was thinking of using one as a manifold charger to get my new monster 106mm going. The 71mm K31 I had (Aurora 5000) would start spooling at about 2000rpm, and hit 60psi at about 2500rpm. I'm hoping a 65 will light a bit sooner.

My S471 spools good, also I have a buddy with a billet 467 and it spooled real good as a single. Both are .90AR

If money isnt an object and your looking to pimp a company out industrial has a "hybrid" silver bullet which is the 467 but made to drop in. its even wastegated.

Money is, or isn't an object depending on how well it works ;) I have no problem dropping coin for a superior product, versus getting something for free that is a grenade waiting to happen.

I run a 468 as a secondary and a large primary. Spools I would say almost smoke free. Watch some of my videos on YouTube.

Why not a ball bearing garrett? A 4294r would be similar to a borg with an 83 turbine,and if you want to get really crazy have a turbo shop machine you a gt40 turbine housing to fit the 42 turbine wheel.
I have a gt40 .85 AR machined for a 42 turbine wheel with an hx40 vband discharge, need lots of gate for it but might make for a quickish spooling large set. If you want to go that route I might make you a killer deal on this housing, like you cover the shipping kind of deal.

Last edited:
I would stay with the 5000, the smaller you go on your secondary the more boost you will make, and the less overall power potential you have.

I would find more rev's before I would put a smaller charger on.

When my truck (12v) was a stock head/cam motor I ran a single cast s465/83/.9. It would start to spool around 1600 by 1800 would have 10psi and come in very strong at 2k.

When my truck (12v) was a stock head/cam motor I ran a single cast s465/83/.9. It would start to spool around 1600 by 1800 would have 10psi and come in very strong at 2k.

That's about the type of response I figured...I can live with that, thanks for the info!

Went full tilt around 25 ... in hindsight that was a little loose but that was back in 09

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KfbOoKif14&list=UUJbSmn2wrja05VvclYYd1xw&index=53&feature=plcp"]Dave Swank - YouTube[/ame]

Back