Same as a pick-up 12 valve???

Looks like he took it out of his first gen and put in a p-pumped engine. Have you talked to the guy at all about what comes with the engine? It looks to be the engine that would come in the 89-93 Dodges. Make sure while you have it out you clean it up. That thing is ugly.

Bryce

what i see is what i get. I'd rebuild it without a doubt, my 318 magnum only has 112,XXX on 'er so far in my truck so i have some time to rebuild and upgrade the engine b4 i tear into my truck. The 1st gens around here are goin for 5 grand and +. I dont have that kinda money or i'd just buy a complete truck.

Its a industrial motor of some sorts you can tell by the style of top on the pump and that intake style was never used in a truck. I wouldnt give that much for it unless the turbo t stat housing and all of that was on there. I have seen better deals.

ok thanks, i was just wondering because its a 6BT Cummins 12 valve. i thought it might be the same as in a 1st gen. Hey, if any of u guys here of a 12 valve sellin 4 $1200 or less please let me kno.

its SIMILAR to the ones in the trucks. i haave one out of a case IH 5140 in my truck and it lacks an AFC.

Lets see, you would need a exhaust manifold (new is about $250) and turbo ($300). Also need a adapter plate (who knows how much), accessories (Alternator, PS pump, Vac pump), water inlet, water outlet, and who knows what else. I would find a complete motor for about $2k other wise you are paying too much IMHO.

Jon

i have seen complete p pumpers on ebay for 1500 several times in fact there is one there right now. for some reason the people sellin the ve motors think they have solid gold heads or somethin.

i would be carefull with that motor, looks like an airplain truck motor or army motor, lots of idle time

It's easy..... get the CPL number! I can't read all the info on the tag.

It does look like a school bus engine because of the pump and air intake.

besides it is a 5.9 CUMMINS??? come to think of it IS there anything else??

I got one that was rebuilt in 94 and still running 350,000+ who knows the
actual miles.

Last edited:
Back