SB dual disc noise

crf450x

I've had my south bend 3250 in now for probably 20k miles and it just now started making a squeaking noise when the clutch pedal is all the way out. I can push it in maybe a half inch and it stops. Other than that it works perfect. I rarely beat on it and have only had a trailer behind me for 2k miles at the most. Any ideas what it might be?? http://youtu.be/cGTvZ_j_LOo

Search button is your friend... but I'll be nice.... the chattering sound is completely common in a dual disk clutch set up

Sent from phone

Did you even read his post? Said nothing about chatter, get your head out of your a$$ and quit trying to be a know it all and actually help. But from the video it's hard to hear the noise your describing. Obvious first question did call Peter and ask him if he has a solution?

There like lil plastic pieces on the center plate they probably came off happened to my street dual disk

The weird thing though is it only does it maybe once or twice a week. I actually called south bend not too long ago and it's just hard to describe a noise like that without hearing it.

Throw out bearing.... Just went through this in mine. Get a new pilot bearing and do it at the same time. Don't wait too long or it will mess up the clutch fork and the support nose on the tranny that it slides on. Trust me...

Well crap. Does south bend carry them? Around what do ya think that will cost me?

Well just talked to south bend again. I asked what would cause the bearings to go out so quickly and he said loose input shaft. Anybody know where to find one?

A little more info I just thought of...it never does it cold. Only after I've been driving for a while. And even then its just maybe every other time I drive it. Still sound like throwout bearing??

Mine just started squeaking not to long ago but only when I push the clutch pedal in sounds like a belt squeaking, is this the same thing?

Mine just started squeaking not to long ago but only when I push the clutch pedal in sounds like a belt squeaking, is this the same thing?

That's the opposite of what mine is doing....

If its making the noise while the clutch is engaged it doesn't sound like it would be the throw out bearing to me. None the less my 3600 utilizes the stock throw out bearing and I'd imagine yours should be the same

Talked to them just a week or so ago. A 3250 or 3600 with a diaphram pressure plate actually uses a stock replacement throwout. A 3600, 3850, or 4200 all use a special throwout that SB carries. The pilot bearing is a special from them or I got mine from Fastenal - its a 1635-zz bearing their part number is 0474471.

Is it actually your belt sqeaking? You might want to check your crankshaft endplay if your belt makes noise when the pedal is pressed!

They told me to pull clutch out and send them the center plate and did and it fixed all my noise for 6 months then broke input shaft and put puller clutch in

Back