SB3250 Hard Shifting

Clifford

About 2500 miles ago I put in a South Bend DD 3250 with the 1 3/8 input and a new NV4500 with cryo treated gears and main shaft. The clutch is very slow shifting, it comes out of the gear fine but going into the next one it hesitates as if you were shifting without the clutch.
I have heard different types of oil can help, but don't know which oil is best. I would be glad of any recommendations or knowledge on this problem. THANK YOU!

I recently replaced my trans oil with redline mt85 & added 1 pint of prolong trans additive, it made a noticible difference. I am also running oem synchros that I beleive work better than brass. This oil could ruin the facings on oem synchros, redline said it is compatible, I guess time will tell. I dont think you can expect a dual disc to ever shift as well as a single as you have nearly 3X the the disc weight of an oem single disc, the synchros were not designed for that.

You may want to check out Lazarsmith's Gorilla juice. It's specially made for manual transmissions. Check out the website or give them a call.

I did put in the hydraulic upgrade and it helped some. Does anybody know if it is just SB that has this problem or is it the same with any DD.

Back