Semi titled as a rv

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
Does anyone know someone who has gotten a semi titled as a rv/motor home and how they did it? I'm looking at getting into a semi for a hauler. I've seen quit a few already done but va is a huge pita to get it done. Any help would be great.

The biggest thing is that it has to have the equipment that MAKES it an RV.
Black/Gray/Water tanks, cookstove (or microwave), refrigerator, toilet, shower, heater, A/C.

FEDERALLY, I believe you only need 4 out of 6 necessities to make it an RV, with bed, pooper, heat and water being the preferred favorites.

Mark.

The biggest thing is that it has to have the equipment that MAKES it an RV.
Black/Gray/Water tanks, cookstove (or microwave), refrigerator, toilet, shower, heater, A/C.

FEDERALLY, I believe you only need 4 out of 6 necessities to make it an RV, with bed, pooper, heat and water being the preferred favorites.

Mark.

The last 4 I've seen have had none of that stuff. Just normal tractors with sleepers. Hence why I was asking how it was done.

Jeremy other states are easier to get them converted to rv status. I've heard of some people titling and converting to rv in another state. Then bring it to Va. Virginia doesn't care if its already got a rv title.

Jeremy other states are easier to get them converted to rv status. I've heard of some people titling and converting to rv in another state. Then bring it to Va. Virginia doesn't care if its already got a rv title.

That's why I posted here. Hoping to find someone who has connection and can help me get it done

Here in an excerpt from this link, top of page 8;
http://www.federalreserve.gov/SECRS/2011/May/20110511/R-1406/R-1406_042911_69602_431795694932_1.pdf

• Motor home means a multi-purpose vehicle with motive power that is designed to
provide temporary residential accommodations, as evidenced by the presence of at least
four of the following facilities: cooking; refrigeration or ice box; self-contained toilet;
heating and/or air conditioning; a potable water supply system including a faucet and a
sink; and a separate 110-125 volt electrical power supply and/or propane. 49 CFR 571.3

Mark.

Nobody will care, until something happens....

Look around, you can find some large sleepers, and then stick in the shower, microwave, and toilet and be good. You can even find them ready to go, cheaper than the price of a good used truck.

Pm my dad hummincummins he did it to his semi. Last i was told is it could be a normal tractor just needed to hold 1 gallon of running water. A gas (propane) cook top. And somewhere to use a bathroom, if im not misgaken the sheriff that came to our hause said it could even be a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat on it.

And the main thing he said if you ever ger pulled over.. whats in the trailer is a hobby.. YOU WIN NO MONEY WITH IT EVER!!! I do remember that part lol.

Pm my dad hummincummins he did it to his semi. Last i was told is it could be a normal tractor just needed to hold 1 gallon of running water. A gas (propane) cook top. And somewhere to use a bathroom, if im not misgaken the sheriff that came to our hause said it could even be a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat on it.

And the main thing he said if you ever ger pulled over.. whats in the trailer is a hobby.. YOU WIN NO MONEY WITH IT EVER!!! I do remember that part lol.

Thanks I will. Va isn't that easy. They want a full blown rv before they will ok it basically it has to be a done like a $100k totter. I have to submit pictures along with all money spent to convert it. That's to the state before anyone will come look at to to see if they will ok it

Thanks I will. Va isn't that easy. They want a full blown rv before they will ok it basically it has to be a done like a $100k totter. I have to submit pictures along with all money spent to convert it. That's to the state before anyone will come look at to to see if they will ok it

That's the way Utah is also. I just ended up licensing mine like a normal truck and haven't been bothered for it.

As long as it has nine lift axles you should be fine...

I have one! Make sure it has the rv equipment in Michigan they require a table sink and a toilet

Back