Service 4-wheel drive

johnsonracing

Anybody have problems with a 03 2500hd displaying service 4-wheel drive on display. After this happens the 4-wheel drive system will not shift untill the truck is turned off and back on. Also the lighting on the switch says that the t-case is in 4l or n when it is surely not. I have read alot on the 1500 having problems with the dash mounted switch but havent found anything on the hd. Please help.

Could be a switch or sensor inside encoder motor. Need the dtc for accurate diag.

You can pull the switch apart and 99% of time the solider cracks where the wire comes through the circuit board. Just heat back up and your golden.

check your transfer case for fluid level or gears. if everything ok, must be computer issue.

also I had a problem like you have. my 04' silverado, it showed 4 wheels system on dashboard and I thought it was the computer issue... goin on for many months till heard the noise out of transfer case. checked the case for fluid and it was empty, found a small hole, something blew up inside and damaged the gears for 4x4. I had to replaced it for $350, it was used from 2001 silverado.

Back