Shotgun stacks?

cmont58

Yankee
Want to build a set of shot gun stacks but wasn't sure if I could buy a 5" y pipe or if I would have to fab one. I can do all the fab work myself but wanted to see if anyone has done this before that could give me some pointers.

Will you post up a pic so I can see how you did the y pipe. I'm thinking two 5" mitre cut like an inch below the roof. What part of pa are you from

Shotgun-1.jpg

I ran these's for a little while.. just a custom chamber at the bottom with 1 5in inlet. It wasn't bad, only got rid of them because it douched that light right above them. :bang

Mine is a dual 7" chrome tip not stacks, non the less some say it looks like a double barrel snot gun. LOL
My zip code is 17240.

Last edited:
I did a dual bull hauler set, it looked pretty good, I just made a "box" for them out of 1/8th" plate, too much heat from welding, warped it, so it leaked a little, bit not too bad. I'll find a pic and post it up.

Saw a set in a 6.7, he just built a box with a 5" in and two 5s out.

Posted via tapatalk from the International Space Station

My 02 duramax has a utility body. It has a 3.5" downpipe to 5" pipe, through a high flow muffler into a short dual 4" splitter, each dump into a 7"x24" pipe. The muffler originally took the crack sound out of the exhaust, the tip puts the crack back in it! LOL
attachment.php

In my opinion anything other than straight cut pipes mounted horizontal and side by side is not the shot gun look! If mount like stacks they are simply dual stacks. Then again, shotguns are seldom chrome!

Attachments

• my tip.jpg
    my tip.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks guys. Mine are going to be black. Guess its time to start working on these

Back