Should I be able to spool this?

Ja564rm80

Currently on my 05 2.6 puller I have a 75mm wheel an housing on the compressor side with a t4 foot. The truck is an automatic with 3.73s in it. Right now I am able to leave the line between 2600-2900rpm in 3rd gear and spool up is instantaneous. Rpms go right to 4700ish. Manually lock the converter up in the first 75ft. Able to hold roughly 4200ish all down track locked up. I think the charger is maxed out. I'm using a ssr with Udc for tuning. I have a diff turbo in the garage that has a 80mm compressor wheel and a t6 foot. Am I wrong to think I can still spool this? Will I be getting under it constantly?

96/88 tw and a 1.10 a/r on the t6 turbo. Built for fpp rules. I don't know much other then the comp size of the t4 turbo. Guy said he would help me out an told me I was nuts to run this t6 turbo and I would never spool it! He built me this turbo and said I would be good to go but I think it's really small and I have it maxed out. Funny thing is he won't tell me much about the turbo.

Sounds like you should be able to lite it. I'm guessing your currently running a s475 t4 .90 housing with a 83/74 turbine

Last edited:
Ya I'm not sure he won't tell me sizes. Wanted to help me but won't tell me anything. But anyways putting the t6 turbo on will I get under it quite a bit? I don't want to use it if I'm gonna be going backwards

With the t4 turbo we are blowing the tires off the truck mid track and at the end still

Take it off and measure it. I wouldn't think any Turbo builder would use that small of a turbine on a 2.6 charger. Probably an 87mm

from phone

Takes no time to switch chargers and try it. Stop keyboard racing and get to wrenching lol.

Chris you get to see the truck run each week lol and you also know who built the smaller charger I have

Is the compressor really the problem, or is the T4 charger just getting choked up on the exhaust side. I would take it off and get accurate measurements.

Had me wondering when I read the the first post. Sounded familiar.

from phone

Last edited:
Take it off and measure it. I wouldn't think any Turbo builder would use that small of a turbine on a 2.6 charger. Probably an 87mm

from phone

They don't "commonly" use a .9 T4 housing for the 87mm wheel. I know at E.D has an option to build a housing like that, but its an expensive bastard. The most common turbine section used for the .9 T4 housing is the SX 83/74 wheel.

To honest, Id look into a different turbine section, if that 75 is lighting that fast. I've become a fan of the 81mm turbine, with the large chassis s400's. And use a clipped 75 compressor. More compressor isn't always an answer, specially if the 75 does indeed have the 83/74mm wheel. Jumping to an 80 plus using the bigger housing and 87mm wheel is gonna be way too much.

They don't "commonly" use a .9 T4 housing for the 87mm wheel. I know at E.D has an option to build a housing like that, but its an expensive bastard. The most common turbine section used for the .9 T4 housing is the SX 83/74 wheel.

To honest, Id look into a different turbine section, if that 75 is lighting that fast. I've become a fan of the 81mm turbine, with the large chassis s400's. And use a clipped 75 compressor. More compressor isn't always an answer, specially if the 75 does indeed have the 83/74mm wheel. Jumping to an 80 plus using the bigger housing and 87mm wheel is gonna be way too much.

Who said anything about a .9 t4 housing? An 87mm turbine is not to big for a 2.6 truck.

from phone

That's my bad, I miss read the original post. And for some reason had the .9 stuck in my head. Apologies.
And I wasn't saying an 87 was too big for a 2.6 truck, I was just saying that IF the truck indeed had the 83mm wheel, that jumping to an 80mm compressor and jumping to the bigger wheel might be too much. And that the 87mm wheel and clipped 75 makes for a great 2.6 charger. Not that the 87mm was too big. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Back