should i rip it apart??

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
well i decided not to do a nv4500 swap, i rather put it in drive and go. and i love racing to much. so my truck is 2wd and i have no upgrades in the trans at all. so i plan on putting a VB and a TC in it. should i have it looked through to see if there is any interal damage??? it doesnt slip now. the fluid is still a little redish. i was told never change it. so i havent changed it with the 37k miles i put on it since i had it ( year and a half) before i got it. the truck sat in a garage for mostly 5 years and only moved once in a while.

what do you guys think

i would change the fluid IMO and adjust the bands at least and then just change it as its needed after that, about having it looked thru its really up to up you, i would tear it apart and check everything out if it was mine and i was puting a vb and tc in it while i had it out but i know how to take them apart so it wouldnt cost me anything but time

what TC and VB should i go with? and while i have it ripped apart should i throw a suncoast heavy duty clutch kit in there

I would. Your already that far in there. No reason to put stock stuff back in it.

3 days after I changed my fluid my tranny started slipping. Fluid had 50k on it. Coincidence?

3 days after I changed my fluid my tranny started slipping. Fluid had 50k on it. Coincidence?

Let me guess, you refilled with ATF+4 or some other expensive super-slick synthetic.

The argument for not changing the fluid is that as it gets old, it gets more grippy/gritty. Brand new slick fluid full of detergent and friction modifiers will make a tired tranny slip.

The other argument for not changing the fluid is for new cars with sensitive sensors that might get plugged up during a flush procedure.

The simple answer for both is to 1, not flush new transmissions with sensitive sensors: Does not apply to 47rh, 47re, 48re trannies; refill tired trannies with 50K plus miles with a higher friction fluid such as Ford Type F. If you want a fancy expensive fluid, buy the B&M trickshift or similar racing fluid.

Back