Sitting here at TiM.....

texascadillac42

So I am sitting here at Thunder in Muncie....

It was announced over the loudspeaker that "its a slower pace than things at ORP".... Thats the understatement of the year.

A gas truck won the Tugatruck competition... only 4 trucks pulled.

I sure hope Thunder in Muncie doesnt turn out to be a Blunder in Muncie.

Pulls are supposed to start at 3, but I sure havent seen many sledpull trucks show up yet....

Nope, pulls were today. About 20 trucks pulled all together.

Drags are tomorrow. Hopefully they will be a little better than the pulls.

Wow..well that sucks. It makes me glad I decided to go to FASS at the last minute. It seemed like a ton of people decided to change their mind and go to FASS..at least that was the "vibe" I was getting..

I will have to say things at FASS went pretty smooth and there was a decent crowd of people that showed up. But hopefully the drags today at Thunder can help to turn things around a bit for them.

so who showed up to pull at TIM ? must have been all Pro-Mods and Unlimiteds because there were 3 Pro-mods and 2 Unlimiteds at IRP.

I heard 10 2.6 trucks, 12 2.8 trucks, and 2 Mod trucks.

I heard 10 2.6 trucks, 12 2.8 trucks, and 2 Mod trucks.

let me guess the mods were Schied and haisley. where the h*ll was the rest of the mod trucks. there are atleast 10 from Ohio and indana that weren't seen at either of these shows. the 2 at IRP were from NC.

We couldn't make up our minds at first then just pulled the trigger on TIM. No one there was a big blunder in my opinion. I can't remember how many were in each class some 2.6's pulled 2.8 as well so kinda hard tellin. We pulled 2.8 didn't do a damn thing truck still isn't right but oh well second hook of the year still got time to get some bugs worked out. Don't think we will be back next year especially for the amount of money it cost to hook and the lack of people bein there.

I guess this just goes to show that planing 2 big shows on the same day or even weekend near each other does nothing for anyone.

I went to Washington Court House last night and it was one of the better pulls I've been to in a long time. 47 trucks in the 2.6. class, about 25 or so in the 3.0 class. Great pull, very organized !

nope, Schied was at Indy! Was a great time here and a great show was put on.

yes Dan was at Indy but his Mod truck was not. Brad was running his truck, atleast that is the way it was explained to me at the X-travaganza last year. Brad was selling his truck and now going to run the old Schied mod truck in Promod and the Schied gang were building a new tube chasis mod truck for 2009.

I guess this just goes to show that planing 2 big shows on the same day or even weekend near each other does nothing for anyone.

x2. I didnt think it would be possible, but the drags were about the same as the pulls. By that I mean they were WAY off schedule, had very few entries, and a fairly small crowd..... Definitely NOT what I had in mind for a diesel event.

I heard Kents new truck had some issues they had to take care of from the previous weekend.

There are a lot of the pro trucks broke sitting in pieces this weekend, including the new Scheid truck.

I chose to attend Indy because I wanted to give the NHRDA show a chance and it's closer as well.

Anyone go to the drags in TiM today?

Definitely one of the stupidest ideas IMO. That's two events that have not lived up to expectations this year that we can conveniently nickname them...."BS" and "Blunder in Muncie" lol

TiM was not as expected, but from the few I know that went to ORP, they said kind of the same was going on there.

I don't remember the counts but best I can remember there were like twelve 2.6 trucks, fifteen or so 2.8 trucks and two Mod trucks. One was Curt Haisley's Off Constantly and the other was a silver and black/green truck with Haisley's sticker in the extended cab window. As far as the new Scheid truck, the people at their booth said it split the block last week or so.

As far as to say a blunder? I don't know about that. Two national events scheduled for the same day with more flack about both not being worth going to, being thrown around the internet than could ever be read by one human being had kept the majority of the crowd that would have attended either one, to their local pulls. So much stuff being said, that most everyone that would attend the event already has an opinion about it before they show up to it. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me, but you didn't sooooooo.............

To each their own. I had fun with what little bit I did get to experience. I ended up sleeping most of the time when stuff was going on, but that was my own fault. Better than sitting at home or even seeing the same old venues every weekend. $.02

Several of the trucks that pulled in 2.6, also pulled in 2.8. So when I said 20 trucks it may have been accurate, but there were more than 20 hooks....

Back