Sleds around Maryland

getblown5.9 said:
rebel sled seems to be getting old and worn out...good sled but it was running rough this week. prolly due for an overhaul.

It definitely was running rough the other day. Paul (the owner) was telling us that someone had recently put a bunch of dirt in the tank. He had dropped it once and tried to clean it out, but it was still having problems. Did anyone notice the pile of fuel filters he had sitting near the starting line? Poor guy. He was probably relieved it made it through the night. Said he has to get it straightened out still, should be done quickly.

mikehalseyjr said:
TJ,

I got the rules from Cecil County Fair Board. Then we mod'ed them to fit our neeeds.

The classes are stock diesel 8k and 10k, mod diesel 8k and 10k, and gas trucks too.

I tryed to upload the rules on here but it says the file is invalid, it is in word format. . .I dont get it!

Cut and paste to a notpad then post

Hey Oldschool, what about the sled that yall pulled a couple of weeks ago with your tractors @ tuckahoe, Isn't that the same one they are using for their truck pull in May?

yes sir, the guy who owns that is a big wig with the AA county antique pullers.

Its a moderately sized sled, and it doesn't look like much. But it's big enough to put on a street/pro street pickup pull. You could probably get it over pretty cheap too. I'll talk my man Bill and see what it would cost to get the sled over there.

And yeah, we we playing with it with pickups after the antique pull. It's a lot lighter off the line than the Rebel was, but after playing with the gearing and weighting the pan different I think we got it figured out.

oldschoolPSD said:
sorry guys... been a busy week. I'll try and find out this week.
The sled is sitting down to my neighbors house, thats how I know about it, I'll stop in there and ask him to get ahold of the guy and see about yall using it.

Hey scott06 when and where are you planning on having that pull?

behrdzl said:
down to my neighbors house

Love that eastern shore speak LOL

thats cool, I'm gonna swing by mr. grime's place and get the guys number today... I need to swing by and scrounge up some tractor parts anyway.

behrdzl said:
Hey scott06 when and where are you planning on having that pull?

WE cant do it untill october 13 and we will have it a the QA 4-h park again

So whats you guys take on the Rebel sled is it fine or should we try and find a better one?

The Rebel sled is a good machine and a good operator. The sled is only as good as the operator in my opinion.

hey mike do you have the guys number with the rebel sled. Just send me a page if you have it.

Decision Maker is real good sled to pull but kinda expensive. Rebel sled is pretty good too. I think they are a flat $1,000. :evil

Yea i called the Decision Maker they want twice as much as the rebel sled wants

Back