Small turbo question

I went with a 1.01 T3 undivided inlet, v-band outlet. I'll be going to a 0.83. I see they now have divided T3 flanges, which is what I'll go with. When I bought this turbo (over 2 years ago:doh: ), only undivided T3 flanges.

Its a 58mm inducer, 76.6mm exducer compressor. 60mm inducer on the turbine. I didn't do the math from the trim, but I'd say arounda 53mm exducer. But it flows more on both sides than the GT3782 I had in my twin set. So the slower performance isn't really a mystery, but I did have higher hopes for it. I'm hoping this cam and a little less timing will pick it up a bit.

That would be an awesome replacement for the 351. With maybe a little tighter housing.

I got the cam swapped and adjustable pump gear on. I didn't run it terribly hard or even go for much of a drive. But at 16 degrees and the old Colt 181/210 in it, smoke is way down, I didn't hear any low RPM surge out of it like I did before, and at 30 psi, it feels real strong.

Nothing really new to report. I've gone out to the mountains a couple times with the RZR in back. Moves fine, it gets hot in some of the hills. That is running around 100-110 km/h in 6th. I do notice it likes to surge around 1600 rpm. I thought with the steeper compressor map of the GTX wheel, surge would be less of an issue. Easy enough to drive around. After swapping the cam in, and dropping the timing a bit, the mileage has gone up to the highest its been since I did the body/dually swap. I'd be curious how a GTX3071R would compare with a tighter housing. I'm gonna swap my GT3782R in at some point as I've never run that as a single before and I can start the twin build with the twin GTX's. The comparison to the GT37 should give me a good idea how the twins will feel when I get them built.

Why not a holder HE351CW you can get them for a couple hundred, spool way faster then a hx35 and the 60mm compressor flows more. Also physically a little smaller

Figured I'd add in an update on the GTX3076R, as I just did two day trip through the mountains of BC. I'm guessing gross weight was about 15k on the way out, and about 10-11k on the way back. Never scaled it, so take it with a grain of salt.

EGT's were never an issue. Surge definitely was. That was what limited me on the hills. 1900 rpm and 25 psi and it would start to flutter. 1800 it was around 20 psi. 1600 and it was 6 psi. If I could get it over 2000 rpm, I could wind it up to 38 psi and it was good. Thats about where my boost maxes out right now, I'm fuel limited by the AFC currently. EGT's maxed at 1200 on only a couple hills, 1100 on the rest. Except one hill where I pinned it at the bottom and let it eat to the top. That was about 1400 degrees, but no surge.

Only had to take it out of 6th on a two hills where I was slowed down by something in front of me and I couldn't build enough boost without it surging. Coming home today, never had to downshift on any hills unless I was descending.

I'm still planning on swapping my GT3782R on to compare, and I want to get my hands on a cheap HE351 to try out. Its been so long since I've ran a stock turbo, I'm not sure how to compare this GTX to one.

Figured I'd add in an update on the GTX3076R, as I just did two day trip through the mountains of BC. I'm guessing gross weight was about 15k on the way out, and about 10-11k on the way back. Never scaled it, so take it with a grain of salt.

EGT's were never an issue. Surge definitely was. That was what limited me on the hills. 1900 rpm and 25 psi and it would start to flutter. 1800 it was around 20 psi. 1600 and it was 6 psi. If I could get it over 2000 rpm, I could wind it up to 38 psi and it was good. Thats about where my boost maxes out right now, I'm fuel limited by the AFC currently. EGT's maxed at 1200 on only a couple hills, 1100 on the rest. Except one hill where I pinned it at the bottom and let it eat to the top. That was about 1400 degrees, but no surge.

Only had to take it out of 6th on a two hills where I was slowed down by something in front of me and I couldn't build enough boost without it surging. Coming home today, never had to downshift on any hills unless I was descending.

I'm still planning on swapping my GT3782R on to compare, and I want to get my hands on a cheap HE351 to try out. Its been so long since I've ran a stock turbo, I'm not sure how to compare this GTX to one.

Is it gated? I had a turbosmart that liked to flutter at it's cracking point, and would make a problem similar to surging.

Back