smarty TNT / what are your driving habits?

user name:

those of you cats running the tnt tune with stock turbo and injectors, how is your driving style to keep egt's safe? do you notice having to be careful on the freeway or passing other vehicles so egts dont get too high?

If your worried about egts cruising down the road then I'd say something else is wrong. A few seconds over 1300* isn't gonna hurt anything. My truck routinely sees 1500-1600 and has seen those temps for the last 201k miles and has no blow by.

yeah as long as you leave the options alone, (especially the rail pressure) you aren't going to hurt anything with your stock setup.. :Cheer:

Are stock trucks with TNT making more power than with the standard tune or is it just a heat and ego thing?

Are stock trucks with TNT making more power than with the standard tune or is it just a heat and ego thing?

Ironically yes! That 1+2=5 math actually works...lol So I stacked a Pressure box and a TST R47 along with the TNT software. All of the mentioned were plausible gains.

Ironically yes! That 1+2=5 math actually works...lol So I stacked a Pressure box and a TST R47 along with the TNT software. All of the mentioned were plausible gains.

A pressure box/TST-R47 stack was a really big step backwards on my truck.

Sadly, every truck is different. On my "stocker" I took baby steps to see what worked. I'm very pleased with my pile's response to Programmers/Fueling Boxes...

I run TNT with it on 9 everyday. EGT's are not a problem. I have stock turbo and injectors. Yes i can push 1400 when I am hamering down on it, but the few seconds it sees it will not hurt anything.

Back