Some tool history right here.

Same here. My dad had them. I have them too, but unfortunately the quality is not what it used to be.

Nice find!

Warrantee is worthless too.
I have several broken wrenches made by them, just waiting to find the time to hand around the store long enough to find someone who will exchange them.
I have been denied this before.So, I go fill a cart with expensive tools and then ask for the replacement ones. It ussually works.
BTW, I hve a set that was bought in 1971. Mostly still complete other than ratchets and breaker bar, a few screw drivers.

I was just at Sears the other day with broken tools for exchange. Walked up and the guy said grab the new ones and come up to the counter when your ready. Simple as that.

I was just at Sears the other day with broken tools for exchange. Walked up and the guy said grab the new ones and come up to the counter when your ready. Simple as that.

Ive also never had an issue replacing broken tools. One of my older ratchets had been discontinued, so when it failed on me, they replaced it with an equivalent new model. No problem.

Yup. I just replaced 2 ratchets at sears. Walked up with the new ones in hand and gave the guy the broken ones. He said you're good to go and I walked out.

Back