Something is up...injector?

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
106k on a stone stock truck.
Runs fine but yesterday I was unloading some stuff with it idling and I could smell raw fuel smoke. Thought it was in regen or something so didn't think twice about it.
Today it did the same thing at a stop sign accompanied with a puff of white smoke. Immediately after that I got on the interstate and floored it to get up to speed...when I let off the throttle there was a rather large trail of white smoke behind me for a second.
Hasn't done it since and I tried to make it happen again by running it hard.
I've never seen it before...but I haven't looked either.

Is this a sign of an LMM injector taking a dump ?

Really rare, know anyone that can do a balance test with efi or TechII? I've seen the egr motors get stuck causing bad smoke at idle and raw fuel smell.

I'll be in Michigan in a week or so...I can swing by Merchant's shop and have them take a look.
I idle it a LOT....egr makes sense.
Been so long since I had one with that crap on it I didn't even think about it. LOL

Last edited:
We had a stock truck come in that smoked so bad you could barely see and it wouldn't rev over 1500 rpm's. Injectors were my first thought from looking at it, but after checking out perfect even with 110k miles, then thought turbo, but that checked out fine. I then blocked the egr and ran perfect without smoke.

Back