Sound System

The funny thing is alot of people think they have great sounding systems but they are just loud. Rich is right....install is key. Me and him have spent 10's of thousands over the years and if done right....anything can sound good. I think me and Rich will both say Processors make a world of differnces. My G8 had a 360.2 in it with a OEM radio and it sounded incrediable. My truck which is crazy also has one in it and anyone who has heard over the summer will say my truck sounds great. I truely believe the process is key in that install..

FYI....I have a process forsale in the misc section....not a plug just stating the facts. Its out of my G8 which I just sold.....just buying the new .3 for my new ride I just bought. My truck has the .2 and will remain a .2

Reasoning?

Not trying to derail, just curious, about to do my first system.

It's too integrated into the new truck. Has built in Sirius, Nav, DVD, built in harddrive for music storage, bluetooth for iPod, phone and SMS messages, steering wheel controls, reverse camera....and some other crap too.
I guess I'm old...I kinda wanna keep that stuff.

It's too integrated into the new truck. Has built in Sirius, Nav, DVD, built in harddrive for music storage, bluetooth for iPod, phone and SMS messages, steering wheel controls, reverse camera....and some other crap too.
I'm not old and I'd keep all that crap. I forgot how integrated things are getting.

That's where I'm stuck I don't know enough about processors and amps

Components up front on a 2 channel amp.

Sub on a mono channel.

Decent filler speakers in the back.

Quality head unit, you don't need a processor.

Components up front on a 2 channel amp.

Sub on a mono channel.

Decent filler speakers in the back.

Quality head unit, you don't need a processor.

Depending on the layout and the cab, rear fill not always necessary.

Having a processor lets you make up for the shortcomings in the audio UN-friendly arena of a vehicles interior. Imho.

Depending on the layout and the cab, rear fill not always necessary.

Having a processor lets you make up for the shortcomings in the audio UN-friendly arena of a vehicles interior. Imho.

This guy knows more than me. LOL

My thoughts on processor were he wanted a bump in quality and volume, just overkill for mild goals.

I don't have 2k to spend but I want a little better system as well. Have heard lots about fosgate.

Watching

^^^. The reason my Alpine head unit is sittin' on my pool table staring at me. :(

Would 4-8" Subs be overkill or should I just go with 2?

Two should do just fine.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

For 2K you can get the speakers upgraded. Or just keep the system you have and add a mono block, subs and box. You doing the work yourself or having it done? If having it done, the wiring work alone could be $1,000. I just reworked my system, $1200 in head unit, $800 for subs, $1300 for sub amp, 900 for 4 channel amp, $900 for 6 new speakers, $160 for new tweets, $300 for new street wiring and monster cables. This does not include sound deadening material anywhere. If all you want is big power, just add SPL subs and amp and be done. If you want SQ, spend some time and think about what you really want.

just when i thought i had a awesome system lol jk. just curious sorry to derail the thread but u said 1200 for head unit which one are u running?

I am running 8 cadence 6.5 mids 2 crescendo audio ST2 supertweets and 2 obsidian audio 12's. all powered by kicker. It took some time and effort to get everything right but I am pleased with the clarity and loudness I can get out of it.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Back