Southbend dd clutch issue help!

Red_Rattler

High Tech Redneck
Alright so we installed a 3850 cintered iron dd with upgraded hydro in my buds 92 4x4 with nv4500 conversion. Install went great now go to put the truck in gear it will lurch or not even go into some gears because it's still engauged slightly from what I can tell. The problem is the upgraded hydro is none adjustable to try to get some more pedal out of it. Any ideas as to what's going on or how to fix this? No he hasn't called peter yet since we were up till 3am messing with this thing....

Alright so we installed a 3850 cintered iron dd with upgraded hydro in my buds 92 4x4 with nv4500 conversion. Install went great now go to put the truck in gear it will lurch or not even go into some gears because it's still engauged slightly from what I can tell. The problem is the upgraded hydro is none adjustable to try to get some more pedal out of it. Any ideas as to what's going on or how to fix this? No he hasn't called peter yet since we were up till 3am messing with this thing....

the gears that it will not go into, would they be the one's without syncros? If so mine does the same thing. I just put it in either 4th or 3rd before and it goes in everytime.

Drive it. It will need to seat in before it will disengage completely.

I think there's a spacer or something on the clutch fork that needs takin out. Just trying to help

washer behind the pivot ball....

instructions are sweet.... read'm

that and u may have ran into the same thing i did... clutch pedal was way high because of pedal bracket on auto pedals being different...

Read them and it was always a manual truck... Drove the truck around some today and is Gettin better. First hook is in 10 hours so we shall see

Back