Speaker questions

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
Alright, all ive ever done to trucks is an amp and subs. Well when I bought my 98 I put some kicker subs on an alpine amp, then alpine 6x9's in the door and an alpine deck. I didnt touch the factory 6 or 6.5's in the rear door. Well i pulled the door panels off the race truck the other day and found out it has jl 6x9's. Would it be alright to cut a bigger hole in the rear doors and put 6x9's there too? or Do the speakers there add to the rest of the system and itll sound funny by removing them? I don't know what each kind of speaker does except for subs. So any (simple) advice would be appreciated

Alright, all ive ever done to trucks is an amp and subs. Well when I bought my 98 I put some kicker subs on an alpine amp, then alpine 6x9's in the door and an alpine deck. I didnt touch the factory 6 or 6.5's in the rear door. Well i pulled the door panels off the race truck the other day and found out it has jl 6x9's. Would it be alright to cut a bigger hole in the rear doors and put 6x9's there too? or Do the speakers there add to the rest of the system and itll sound funny by removing them? I don't know what each kind of speaker does except for subs. So any (simple) advice would be appreciated
You can cut the hole out and put the 6x9's in there, wont notice a big difference but there will be some, depending on if there 2-way or 3-way.

If you want to have the best sound for your money DO NOT RUN SPEAKERS IN REAR DOORS! Use your funds to invest in a good 2 channel sound quality amp( low harmonic distortion ) and a set of 2 or 3 way separates and mount in front doors and keep all drivers as close together as possible to keep phasing correct....

Better off upgrading to high end JL's or Focals and amping everything up.

Also I agree throw some cheap $200 speakers in the rear doors and some high dollar components in the front.

I'm not buying anything else for it. Sounds decent already, just wondering if adding those extra 6x9's would be ok or if it would make it sound funny. Not sure what different speakers do. Like highs and all that ish

It might add a little bass and mid depending on what you already have and the model of the 6x9's. Gain won't be worth it.

I'm not an expert Scott, but in your shoes, I put the JLs in the doors and the Alpines in the rear. Can't hurt for what you're doing.

I'm not buying anything else for it. Sounds decent already, just wondering if adding those extra 6x9's would be ok or if it would make it sound funny. Not sure what different speakers do. Like highs and all that ish

Highs is for vocal so the music you here will have good clear vocal and wont have bass in it. aka crackling in the voice. jl is a pretty decent speaker you as the driver wont notice it to much but the people that ride in the back will notice it sound much cleaner then factory

Back