Speedo question

T Dye

Getting There.
Recently swapped out the A518 in my brother's truck for a G360. Completely different truck, really like the swap.

The only problem is now the speedo doesn't work. The truck is a '93(the only year they used a 3 prong speedo connector) and the trans. is out of a '90(2 prong obv.) So that's problem 1 can't connect the wiring. Problem 2; speedo gear on output shaft is stripped. I know you can buy new gears so there's no trouble there. But I can't for the life of me find a '93 specific speedo reveser adapter.

Here's what I'd like to know; I've heard of people who have figured out how to run the speedo off of the ABS sensor in the diff. Does anyone know how this is done? I know you need a pulse adapter(eg. Dakota Digital SGI-5 etc.), but how do you wire it from the ABS to the speedo? Someone out there should know because there's guys that have NV5600's in their 1st Gens. and the 5600's don't have speedo outputs in the trans.

Sorry to ramble,
Thanks,
Travis.

The speedometer wiring on my 93' is the same as my older parts truck, '90 model I believe. You should be able to get a vss for a '93 and screw it on to the ratio adapter. As far as I know they are all the same but yours may be different if its a Canadian truck.

Even if I could figure out which wire does what, I might be able to do something that way.

Back