Stand alone Allison tow/haul help needed

zrinch

Hi I need help I have a destroked stand alone Allison convertion in my F truck and the tow/haul mode has never worked the light comes on but shift patterns do not change it is like the control box is not talking to the Allison TCM. Any ideas what could be the problem.

Strokethisf350 dealt with that set up once a upon a time I believe..he may be able to help..he seems to have some good knowledge with the Allison and getting it to work right

Hi I have tried to contact him but the system does not let me till I do 10 posts thanks for your reply

can any help me contact strokethisf350 to see how he went with his tow/haul problem thanks

Zrinch, my number is 4439456944 if you still need help with your tow haul I can be reached after 3pm east coast time

Where did the TCM come from? If it has an 01-02 OS loaded into the TCM, tow/haul mode will not work.

Thanks STROKETHISF350 its a bit hard to call you as i live in Australia and there is a big time difference maybe if its ok you can email me thanks

THEFERMANATOR if I'm right the computer is out of a 04 but this shouldn't make a difference as the kit supplied comes with computer
thanks guys for your replies

I also have another problem sometimes when I shift into reverse it does not go into gear iI have to shut down the truck and restart it then it shifts ok have you had the same issue STROKETHISF350 or anyone have an idea how to fix it or what the problem is.

Is the NSBU switch new? A finicky one can cause weird issues with the Allison.

no the switch is the one that came with the auto i have not put a new one on it. what issues can this switch do thanks

no the switch is the one that came with the auto i have not put a new one on it. what issues can this switch do thanks

Thanks STROKETHISF350 its a bit hard to call you as i live in Australia and there is a big time difference maybe if its ok you can email me thanks

If you're ever able to call each other use VIBER I have use alot to talk to a gentleman in Australia about Allison swaps.

Dale

I also have another problem sometimes when I shift into reverse it does not go into gear iI have to shut down the truck and restart it then it shifts ok have you had the same issue STROKETHISF350 or anyone have an idea how to fix it or what the problem is.
The no reverse problem is caused by not having your rpm wire hooked up and calibrated thru the xfc computer

Does your tow haul work after you engage and dis engage it once or twice? This is a common problem I still deal with this on my conversion, it goes into tow haul then comes right back out so you have to turn it off and back on angsin and it will then work every time until you shut the truck off

No mine never engage no matter how many times I press the button the light comes on but there is change in the shift pattern

Back