Steering problems

cummins.1

I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm wanting to replace ball joints, tie rods, track bar, etc... Whats the best way to keep from having to replace all this stuff again. Also, I hear there is a way to tighten up the gearbox to take some play out of the steering. Is this true? What did you guys do with your steering?

you have to watch tightening the gear box up to much cause it will strip the cover out and it will start leaking steering fluid.

go with aftermarket 3rd gen trac bar with the relocation plate and moog ball joints. and if yours going to do tie rods you might want to look at doing a crossover with a drag link steering and use heim joints.

Just a note on the moog ball joints, if you get the adjustable ones the ball and socket is smaller and you have to get an alignment immediatly. But if your axle is bent at all there the only way to adjust camber. Also get the steering brace jsut search DSS you'll find it. And don't be scared of a greese gun lol.

Yeah I've heard about putting a 3rd gen setup on my truck. Thats what i plan on doing. Skynrd, what do you mean using heim joints?

do the 1997 dodge steering!!! it is a great design and way stronger. let me find you the link to the guy that posted his build.

im going to replace my steering box soon is there a place yall have ordered from before that offers a better price and warranty

Back