Stickshift racing tips.....

Black Cloud

Rollin Smoke Diesel
I have a 5-speed manual in my '00 Dodge and had a few questions for you guys. What is the best starting procedure at the line for a manual to get the most boost? What gear do you typically take off in? Any help will be appreciated.

James

The only way I know to get boost is to put your heal on the brake, toe on the accelerator, left foot on the clutch, and feather/slip the clutch and hold the brake till you get to about 14 lbs of boost. I would stage the first light before I got it in to much of a bind. You'll have time. Start in 2nd. When the last yellow come on, rotate the right foot and slam it down on the go petal.That's it.

..PrestonL..

Are you sure it was your brakes, and not your clutch? If you sit there with high RPMs and no movement slipping your clutch, that would be your clutch not brakes smoking. Moving while holding your foot on the brake will heat up your brakes then causing burning smell.

I'm sure it was the brakes. They are pretty weak to begin with and I really didn't slip the clutch that much.

Back