Stock 3rd gen hitch

kleann

VP44 pwr
How do the stock dodge 3rd gen hitches like on a 2004 hold up? They don't look very strong to me.

Last edited:
They hold up pretty decent compared to a lot of the GM hitches. A lot of it depends on how the truck is setup and how the (if equipped) adjustable hitch is setup. If there is a large rise to the adjustable hitch then the receiver will not last as long as it would if the adjustable hitch was straight out from the receiver tube.

They hold up pretty decent compared to a lot of the GM hitches. A lot of it depends on how the truck is setup and how the (if equipped) adjustable hitch is setup. If there is a large rise to the adjustable hitch then the receiver will not last as long as it would if the adjustable hitch was straight out from the receiver tube.

Thanks for the info. I haven't got as far as measuring hitch height or anything like that, so not sure how it will be positioned, just got thinking about it and thought I'd ask real quick. I know for sure I'll be running support bars from the axle to the hitch, so that should help.

My stock hitch on my 06 is holding up alright, had a few rough hooks.

Back