stock cr turbo on a vp truck?

What do you want to know?

Use the search function and you'll find some discussion about it. Try searching for HE351 in the 98.5-02 or 94-98 forums.

Cummins Driver has done it and posted about his swap. I'm not sure if there are any other threads on this site about it or not, probably are.

I like mine but it's not completely stock, the wastegate has been enlarged.

if your going with the he351 off the 04 -06 trucks then your going to have to order a plyg for the electronic wastegate and fabricate a intercooler pipe. its a good upgrade if you dont want to go wild on the truck.

hey guys new to the site thi is actualy my firt post i would like too know all that this take because i have an he351 sittin on my entertainment center righ not thought it mght help for pullin in my 01 thanks guys

A screw threaded into the hole on the electronic wastegate will cure that. I built a simple spring wastegate on the exhaust housing so clocking the housings aren't a problem. Enlarging the wastegate hole is well worth the time it takes. I can control the boost out of the he no matter how much fuel is thrown at it.

for those that dont know, the '03-up turbos have locating pins in the housings that must be removed to "clock" them.

go onto dieseltruckresource and look for bigblues wright up he was one of the first to do a he351 swap and did a detailed wright up. if you cant find it i will look for it and send you the link

Back