Stock fuelrail fitting?

dirtydiesel

Hey guys im new to the duramaxs i was just checking out some stuff on PPEs website. I saw the ported fuelrail fitting and was wondering if you could just drill out the stock one, has anyone ever done this?

I took it apart lastnight and the stock hole is so small you can barely see light threw it. I drilled it out to the size of the hole in the back of the fitting, which i think was about an 1/8 inch, 3/16 seemed pretty big, but i can always go bigger so i figured i would start with an 1/8... Thanks for the reply guys

There is no need to go any bigger than what you have already done. As a matter of fact anything over .050" is large enough and going to big will hurt max power.

Ok i have another question for you guys, has anyone put a ported fitting in the passenger side rail? I called PPE and they said its best for the truck if you do even tho the driver side rail feeds the pass. side, can someone please explain?

i have never pulled it out to look at it but i have had people tell me it was bigger than the driver side so there was no need in replacing it. but just what people have told me

Both rail fittings are the same size. The reason for the size is to keep the rail pressure pulses within one rail. When the injector fires ther is a large fuel pulse generated in the rail and you do not want it to bounce out of the rail to the other side. For a basically stock truck there is no need to modify the fitting on either side but about 500 Hp the driverside fitting should be enlarged.

Ok i have another question for you guys, has anyone put a ported fitting in the passenger side rail? I called PPE and they said its best for the truck if you do even tho the driver side rail feeds the pass. side, can someone please explain?

Not really needed until around 600RWHP, the Drivers side was a good idea and should be done over 350RWHP area.
No problem in drilling it out to save some $$ and 1/8" is plenty.

Have you shimmed your FPRV yet?

Good luck

Don't touch the FPRV unless your having Poo87 code problems.

I was getting low rial pressure codes so i put a ppe racevalve in it only to find out my lift pump wasnt working. I got that fixed and still have the racevalve in, but since then i deleted the egr put a down pipe on it and got efi live from caleb and now my tranny is on its way out...

I was getting low rial pressure codes so i put a ppe racevalve in it only to find out my lift pump wasnt working. I got that fixed and still have the racevalve in, but since then i deleted the egr put a down pipe on it and got efi live from caleb and now my tranny is on its way out...

It's like I'm reading my own post history ;-)

Back