Stock LB7 injectors

speedfreak

I am in the market for a set of stock injectors, I hav found them as high as $315 a pop and as low as $1499 with instal parts from a place called Diesel Care Inc. out of Memphis Tennessee I know you get what you pay for,, but what is the big price differenc??

new compared to rebuilt. New style compared to old. Best deal I found has been Merchant Automotive= New style (chrome ball & seat) and install kit was 2k I believe

Buy from a reputable seller, preferably Bosch remans. Merchant is a good choice.

When it comes to LB7 injectors you do "get what you pay for".

Keep this in mind as well. BOSCH will ONLY sell all of the parts needed to properly rebuild an LB7 injector to an approved shop that has all of teh equipment to properly rebuild and test them. The ONLY parts they will sell to anybody are complete injectors, or just the nozzle. Many of teh cheaper shops are simply selling used worn out cores with new tips slapped in and selling them as rebuilt. So essentially your getting a turd wrapped in a new pair of underwear.

thank you for the info, this truck has 180,000 miles and had a injector fail and fill the crank case with fuel at 76,000miles, at that time it was thought to have all 8 replaced at the dealer???? now the fuel milage has fallen off and it has a white haze and under hard load it smokes, checked compression and have 500psi on all 8 looked at injector balcenc rate and all 8 were 0??? thinking it needs injectors but not sure

Back