Street Diesel

tank21pa

Operation Tow Rig!!
How come your not allowed to hang weight in the Street Diesel at alot of the fairs?

Western Maryland Championships, Allegany County Fair MD, Bedford Fair?

Thanks Matt

How come your not allowed to hang weight in the Street Diesel at alot of the fairs?

Western Maryland Championships, Allegany County Fair MD, Bedford Fair?

Thanks Matt

They probaly don't consider a street truck using weights on the street? Or maybe they have a good friend pulling with some hidden weight and they favor it to him to win? Or it is just an ass rule. Have you seen my bumper? I wonder if they consider that weight?

You dont hang weights when you drive down the road, so street class is just that...a street class

I am not starting a pissing match here.
Im guessing the "street diesel" and the "street diesel (2.6)" is no weight and weight.
Thanks Matt

Im guessing the "street diesel" and the "street diesel (2.6)" is no weight and weight.
Thanks Matt

I am kinda curious if they would consider the bumper weight. Weighs a helluva more then stock thats for sure. Took 3 of us to put it on. You had a valid question. Only dumb one is one never asked. Don't they also say no water injection on street trucks? I know people would use it on the street. I know I will and it does help with towing but, yet they rule it out.

Thanks Matt

You are correct any of the events that have the 2.6 next to it alow hanging weight thoughs are points events. When i talked to rick last week he didnt no what all the other places were going to do yet but would let us no in do time.

Ok sounds good. Those place are so close to me thats why I want to hook, but i hate pulling with no weight.

my first response was not meant to be arrogant, Its not smart to piss into the wind anyway...

I am kinda curious if they would consider the bumper weight. Weighs a helluva more then stock thats for sure. Took 3 of us to put it on. You had a valid question. Only dumb one is one never asked. Don't they also say no water injection on street trucks? I know people would use it on the street. I know I will and it does help with towing but, yet they rule it out.

Most pulling organizations who do not allow FHW also will not permit heavy aftermarket bumpers. At Full Pull events last year drivers had to remove them to pull. This year points pulls will allow FHW.

Most pulling organizations who do not allow FHW also will not permit heavy aftermarket bumpers. At Full Pull events last year drivers had to remove them to pull. This year points pulls will allow FHW.

That would be a problem as it is bolted and welded on. I am gonna try pulling this year if I get an extra set of wheels and tires and traction bars built so I don't relocate my rear out from under the truck by not having them lol.

Yeah I'd like to see some clarification on this.

Is "street diesel" the old street diesel rules with no FHW and 2" suspension travel, or is it simply "NADM 2.6 with no FHW"?

There's some local stuff I'd like to participate in that's "street diesel".

That would be a problem as it is bolted and welded on. I am gonna try pulling this year if I get an extra set of wheels and tires and traction bars built so I don't relocate my rear out from under the truck by not having them lol.

It's no problem at all, but you need to pull where FHW is allowed.

the 'Street Diesel (2.6)' class is the USA-EAST Point Class for 2010. All events with this designation will offer the new raised purse and will utilize NADM rules. i would expect to see the very best trucks in the region in these 2.6 classes. and while 'locals' are very welcome to enter and pull, they should come to these pulls knowing that their chances of success will be minimal.

when the class is listed as '8000 Street Diesel', this class will utilize the 2009 RULES of Full Pull Productions. No points - No weights - Purse determined by the Fair. Quite truthfully I would NOT expect to see the trucks from the USA-EAST points race in these classes. These locations want local trucks to be able to compete and have a good chance to do well.

also there are some of these 8000 Street Diesel classes that will be 'restricted' due to geography - again to give a 'local' puller a better chance at success.

i will have the 2009 rules for '8000 Street Diesel' posted on our web pages in the next couple of days.

Back