stutter/miss/cutting out???

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
I've just started to notice this the other day. While on the way back home to Macon I need to pass a few cars and when I did I didn't just floor it and pass them as I didn't want to choke them out so I just eased into the pedal. While doing this the truck started to stutter/miss/cut out I'm not sure of which one. I guess it wasn't getting fuel or something. I was doing about 60-65 when I eased into the pedal when all of this was going on and this happened about 6 or 7 times. A few of those times was while passing cars and other times was just trying to figure out what was going on.

Any ideas?

VP or APPS. What codes did you pull after the incident?

brandon.

I haven't ran it for codes, but I believe it MIGHT have something to do with my hard start also. I had to drive back to macon today and it ran fine, no miss/cutting out at all.

Could be getting air in the system, check and retighten all you fuel connections. Check for codes and hope it's not the VP's time of the month.

My 00 does the same thing, ESPECIALLY on 5x5 and still cold. Stomp it, SHUDDER.

Hey Dave, I've talked with you before. I bought the ez from you a while back.

Well this was happening to me also and ended up being the good Ol' VP. I have also run into another issue, which is close but different. I think the stock pickup tube is to small for the FASS. So sometimes when I'm on it hard and the tst is above 3 It sputters a little.:doh:

You could give the pick up tube thing a try, but I am afraid that It may be time for a new vp..:(

My 01 is doing this and I think it has something to do with the tps. The tps is just a reostat in my understanding and it can get bad spots or dirt on it and the computer thinks you have gotten off of the throttle for just a moment.

Back