Super Stock turbo

Has to be 7k. RC 2wd trucks are rare. 4 door short box trucks are the nor, the average joe's truck. to get to 7075# i need to pull my sub box, one battery and tailgate with about 1/8 tank fuel. Thats the easy stuff. Ford's and mega cabs wont get that low. 7500# maybe

At 7500# thats 12.0 territory.

The weight limit is why 99% of the people I heard from didnt enter. Raising that alone would bring a lot more racers to the class. Even if you keep the turbo rule, raising the weight limit to 7k would drastically change the playing field.

7k lbs and how about any t3 turbine true 66 mm inducer turbo? so you can get some built holsets in the mix with the bw s366's too. t4 opens up a lot of s400 and other frames that might get a bit larger and more $$

Last edited:
OK fella's, it's late and I'm tired. The race is good to go, now lets get some race chatter going on and I hope to see a whole lot of you guys in Feb.

Maybe 7k weight limit, with the same turbo rules as last year. What about nos? That might get some of the ford guys interested, because 6.4's would be limited with factory turbos. Also need to remember there is more to making rounds than just having the fastest/highest HP truck.

The weight limit is why 99% of the people I heard from didnt enter. Raising that alone would bring a lot more racers to the class. Even if you keep the turbo rule, raising the weight limit to 7k would drastically change the playing field.

Where were all these people voicing their opinions last year? It was like 5 people and we all got put down and told we were wrong with that idea blah blah blah.. That's what i'm wondering.

I just posted some info in the Southern Diesel Outlaw thread that may be of some use for you guys. Post #53 I think it was.

Since we're the only paid entry to date - I hope that entails 100% of the voting franchise... :D

S300 frame/ 66mm turbo is still a good rule - fits the class's original intent, drives engine-uity and expands innovation over the rest of the vehicle.

6K lb. weight break is also a good point between pro & street classes - not too hard to weight up or down for it, and those who don't want to already have plenty of classes to compete in.
We make weight in our Dark Horse - an '08 4WD Ram 2500 RCSB - built the way Dodge would if they wanted to sell a bunch more than they do.

Trying to keep money out of Super Stock is futile; here in the U.S.A. we're still competitive by nature, choosing to meet challenges with each dollar & minute at our disposal.

Since we're the only paid entry to date - I hope that entails 100% of the voting franchise... :D

S300 frame/ 66mm turbo is still a good rule - fits the class's original intent, drives engine-uity and expands innovation over the rest of the vehicle.

6K lb. weight break is also a good point between pro & street classes - not too hard to weight up or down for it, and those who don't want to already have plenty of classes to compete in.
We make weight in our Dark Horse - an '08 4WD Ram 2500 RCSB - built the way Dodge would if they wanted to sell a bunch more than they do.

Trying to keep money out of Super Stock is futile; here in the U.S.A. we're still competitive by nature, choosing to meet challenges with each dollar & minute at our disposal.

What he said

I have to agree with upping the weight limit, I think more trucks would show up

Will, the weight limit as far as going up in weight was a problem. NHRA rules (which is where we got the info) only allows for so much weight to be added. A lot of the trucks last year were not particularly correct in their placement and amount. It was allowed due to some grey area in the rules but I won't allow it this time. Everyone that wanted to compete in Super Stock has had a whole year to be complient. I will have to look up the specific rule on weight again. I think Michael posted it for me the last time, but I'll find it. Super Stock will have exactly the same rules as last year's Bradenton race. Pro Street is all taken care of too, I'm just waiting on anyone that wants to sponsor a class. Anthony from Airdog has already spoken for Pro Street, he just forgot ask how many millions the payout was!! :hehe:

Back