swaping T-case input shaft problems?

chev'in88

I purchased a transfer case and took the guys word for it that it was bolted to an allison trans and that it would bolt right up to mine. turns out the guy either lied or just didn't know and instead of the 29 spline (I think it was) that I need it has the 32 spline for a 4l80e trans I believe. I know where to get the right input shaft for the T-case but the problem is will the 29 spline go right in place of the 32 or are the pilot bearings different? the company I was going to buy a good used one from brought it to my attention that they may be different and I really don't wanna tear the case apart just to see. Does anyone know if there different or the same, or a way to tell with out tearing into it? It's the NP261 HDGM

Pretty sure it will swap out, but the issue may be that the one from behind a 4L80E may be a regular series whereas the ones behind teh ALLISON are teh XHD series with the MUCH larger main and output shaft. So make sure the output shaft is the one you need before you go to the trouble to swap inputs.

so your saying that every shaft in the XHD case is larger then the ones in the regular HD cases?

Last edited:
Back