swapping 2002 5.4 with a 99 7.3

jricci485635

Trying to finish up my motor swap, looking for any info on if it is worth swapping all of the inside the dash wiring with the internals of the 99 or if i could buy the 02 motor side wiring harness and if it would plug into the pre existing plugs that come through the firewall

ya u would have to swap dash wireing too and no the 02 wiring on motor side would be different long story short 5.4 doesnt have idm and the 99 7.3 has frame rail fuel pump and i belive 5.4 is in the tank its a good swap but lots of work but good luck hope it workes out for you

all the wiring has to go in your gas chassis from the diesel for sure. it is a bit of work but well worth it. your best bet would be to find a donor truck and get all the fuel lines and pump also

You will definately want a year matching in cab and under hood harness. It's a pain to swap it all but I fought the issue of having a 94 under hood and 95 in cab harness and I ended up swapping out the in cab harness and kicked my self for trying to adapt and mess around.

thanks guys ya do have a donor truck and have swapped eveything was just trying to see if i could save time by getting the right wire harness to make all the stuff inside my cab adapt. pretty sure i am going to swap the stuff out of my donor truck into mine will let you know how i make out going to be a sweet dump truck when i am done

Back