T-case questions

biggy238

I'm looking at buying an 08 F250 to transfer my 12V/47RE into. Truck is a roller, no power train.

Will a transfer case from a CR truck allow me to retain the Ford drive flanges on the drive shafts, and potentially only require me to change drive shaft lengths?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm going to bump this. I'm not even sure what to search for certain.

Maybe I'm asking a dumb question, but if you were changing the driveshaft length, couldn't you change the one end?

Not dumb, I just didn't/don't know.
I would like to upgrade transfer cases from my 300k mile 241 if I can get my hands on the truck.
Not a have to by any means.

I'm looking at buying an 08 F250 to transfer my 12V/47RE into. Truck is a roller, no power train.

Will a transfer case from a CR truck allow me to retain the Ford drive flanges on the drive shafts, and potentially only require me to change drive shaft lengths?

Find a 271 from a ford, in my 2000 ford excursion when I put a 5.9/48RE in it, the ford front drive shaft was factory and worked fine with the existing 271 in it. It was only 1/4" off the stock location. I can't remember on the rear, I think I had to shorten it a bit, but I can't remember.

Find a 271 from a ford, in my 2000 ford excursion when I put a 5.9/48RE in it, the ford front drive shaft was factory and worked fine with the existing 271 in it. It was only 1/4" off the stock location. I can't remember on the rear, I think I had to shorten it a bit, but I can't remember.
Does the input on the Ford T-case have to be changed?

I think I got shut down on the truck deal.

Back