taking out the trash...

2008fx4

reliever
has never been more fun than it was today. We had a ton of cardboard and recycling to get rid of after my daughter's 1st birthday, almost too much to leave on the street for collection. so i started thinking about all the rain we've had in tucson, and the nice dirt road going to the local landfill, and it got me thinking about a thread i read on one of these forums. it was about people who spend all this money on a truck, and never get them dirty.

well, i know its not as much as most of the die hard mudders, but for a road that had anywhere from 2-12" of mud on it, i had a blast. the only bad part was that right at the end of the road coming back was a puddle that was about a foot deep, and about 90' long, and no way around it, so it washed a lot of mud off the truck when i hit it going about 40.

i was really impressed with the procomp xtreme a/t's in the mud, i never felt like i was slipping or on the verge of losing control. and the lugs seemed to clean themselves out pretty quick. anyhow - heres some pics:

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

Can you put up a picture of your truck with the cab lights on at night. I like the way the lights look but am curious to see how bright they are at night.

86blackwidow said:
Can you put up a picture of your truck with the cab lights on at night. I like the way the lights look but am curious to see how bright they are at night.

i'll have to get some - i swapped out the amber 914 bulbs that recon sends out with their smoked cab lights for some autozone amber leds that i adjusted the angle the leds project light.

i just dont think i have pics.

Looks good! I used to really enjoy getting mine muddy, but my back does not care for all that undercarriage work nowdays.

86blackwidow said:

found my only one - its with the standard amber bulbs that come with the smoked cab lights and it is during the day in a parking garage.

lightson.jpg

looks good despite that goofy exhaust tip ford and GM use... sharp truck.

I am sure you have heard it before but your truck looks awesome. The recon lights look really good. Keep up the good work.

86blackwidow said:
I am sure you have heard it before but your truck looks awesome. The recon lights look really good. Keep up the good work.

thanks!!!
:Cheer:

Back