tappet cover ...billet...leaking..what to do?

hereismylife

Unknow at this time
tappet cover ...billet...leaking..what to do?

It is leaking.

There are different bullet covers out there one uses a o ring the other uses silicone. I also see there is a plastic cover on top of tapped cover. What is the purpose for this? The bullet covers don't use this from what I see.

I also have a valve cover breather to should not need the breather on this anymore.

I just don't want to deal with this leak again. What is the best thing to do for the perfect fix so to speak?

Thanks Joe

Permatex "Right Stuff" works really well. It is hard to say why you have a leak. It could be a lot of different things. I would take it off clean it. Maybe you will be able to see why the seal failed when you remove it.

The plastic cover on a stock tappet cover is for noise control from the factory. They aren't needed.

It wouldn't hurt to leave the breather on the valve cover(s).

thanks

I am thinking of the billet idea. I was told that the case can vent through the valve cover. I would love to eliminate the side. right now it runs to the valve cover now.

I just do not want to do this again. It seems like these dont hold up well.

Vents need to vent to the atmosphere, not the valve cover.

You probably have excessive crank case pressure and that is why it's leaking.

Went billet with an o-ring seal on my last 12v, loved it. The covers are going for less than 200$ now. If you only wanna do the job once its the way to go, IMO.

I have it going to valve cover. Then the same valve cover has a vent on it. And it goes to ground. I know it has to breath but the case pressure should be able to breath through my vented valve cover...

Yea I think the bullet is the way to go. I just not sure which way is better...o ring or non o ring design....

i liked the o ring idea better than just sealant, but i haven't heard of any complains either way

I finally got this off. I hope that the bullet one don't leak if I go that route. I do not want to do this again....yes it was leaking prey good...

Went billet with an o-ring seal on my last 12v, loved it. The covers are going for less than 200$ now. If you only wanna do the job once its the way to go, IMO.

Very interested in one for 200 where did you get it?

send one to me also on where to get one cheap. thanks

Back