the limit for 01-05 trannys

2wd_sled_puller

K&P Diesel House
Well guys i found the limit on the allision 5 speeds put in from 01-05. For the longest time i have been running it with gops of power going to it. I ran a bunch of 13.7 passes and 13.8 passes on the tranny i want to say atleast 50. Well i made 1 13.52@102 mph pass and its done. I heard a loud bang and no go. So now its time for a new one.I have gone about 10,000 miles with the big tunned. Mixed with hard driving. I say about 3500 of them miles are pure hell miles. Accroding to dyno sheets and track et i am at 525 hp. So now are tranny has a hole in the side of it. I am beging to wonder if today is friday the 13th Anyways today was very fun we got to tear up.:rockwoot:

Kurt

ouch Kurt!! A 'bang' out of an Allison is never good. Hopefully you can get it pulled down and looked at.

Right on i had a hell of a fun time tearing it up Joe theres no doubt about that. Also X is 5

Oooof. Typically when someone says they broke a transmission, they mean clutches or seals... LOL you managed to break the case!!! That's gonna leave a mark!! :hehe: Do you know if it's the flexplate that let go?

If the flex plate is thin steel then yes it was it broke the case it self and some crap follwed. It wasnt a tq bolt but either way shes went south for the winter. i need to get it back up as soon as possilble for next pull season. But i dont think its going to happen. Baby is on the way suppose to be here next week. So thats where my money going.

Back