thinking about a 6speed conversion

smokestacs

whats up i've got a 05 lly duramax with the 5 spd allison and was thinking of buying the suncoast kit to convert it to the 6 speed because of the extra strengh, but my question is how much power are the six speed trannys holding before needing a converter or internal work i'm trying to find out if it's worth the money. and will it hold my mods without any trouble

right now i have a ppe egr delete, boost controller, duramaximizer, afe stg2 intake and mbrp turbo back with cat delete

right now my tranny doesn't seem to like the highest setting but it hasn't went into limp mode yet

oh yeah and whats a safe boost number to run on these trucks before having to get headstuds and stuff

With a stock Turbo you shouldn't need headstuds and such.

As far as the Suncoast 6-speed .I don't know of anyone that has one so I can't answer the question. I can tell you that with the PPE on the higher setting It won't be long till the Tranny decides it doesn't like you . My $.02 is if your gonna go to the expence I'd drop a SC Stage IV or Stage III in it and be done with it.

Good luck.

If you are just doing the upgrade for power holding ability, I would not mess with the cost of the conversion, put that towards a SC III or SC IV kit that will hold the power better.

Head studs are recommended in the 40-45 psi range with a larger turbo

thats whats i was thinking i guess i'll just wait and get a built trans instead of going with the conversion. i'll just have to keep the my foot controlled or the chip tuned down until i can save up the money for the trans and then it's gt40r time

Back