Thoughts on larger dia tire on front

Looking for traction...want to spin the front faster... well that doesn't make sense. SOMETHING has to give. If its the tires, you wont be gaining traction, you will just be spinning them faster.
If they hook up, somehting$$$$$ elses will have to give.

I have seen some gassers, do it, that have super light rears,they are trying to steer, by having the front go faster.

I think youd be better off getting a good clutch and proceeding from there.

Sledpuller said:
Looking for traction...want to spin the front faster... well that doesn't make sense. SOMETHING has to give. If its the tires, you wont be gaining traction, you will just be spinning them faster.
If they hook up, somehting$$$$$ elses will have to give.

I have seen some gassers, do it, that have super light rears,they are trying to steer, by having the front go faster.

I think youd be better off getting a good clutch and proceeding from there.

Ya I hear ya on the clutch, will be upgrading just not enough time. Talked to Peter about it a little and he wanted to set me up but too close to schieds. I have them on and gonna try it, if it breks oh well if it pulls better then great. If it doesnt make any difference at all it will still pull good. Next year it will have a Allison or a pretty stout clutch.

I would deffinatly be intrested to hear how this turns out for you. I to have also only seen it done in the gasser classes in the truck pulls but have seen it all the time in the mud drags...not sure what its really going to do for you though. I would think just air the back up real good and drop the fronts right down. If I were to try that and break I would deffinatly say "what the *$#@ was I thinking????"

RyanB

Seemed to work ok for me, got into the finals but broke a yoke at 308'. On friday I had the fronts aired down and my clutch let loose when the pan hit. For Sat I aired them up to 70 and got my hitch point up to 26 after it was down at 24 and that seemed to do the trick. Once I get a clutch I will be playin with tires much more as the ones I got are on the less aggresive side.

Back