throttle bell crank

rage_blue

dieselneck
So I'm doing the swap from a VP to a P pump, I've read the FAQ wich was really helpfull. I've got a lot of the parts I need from a core engine. I'm just missing the pump and throttle bell crank. I found a cheap core pump, haven't seen it yet, but it may or may not come with a bell crank assemble. My question I'm wondering is, can I ditch the bell crank and build a braket and basically just use the throttle lever on the p pump itself? Of course I'll rig up some return springs.
And my other question, I've only got a 62mm turbo, I'd like to be in the 450-500hp range this year with this turbo as a single. I'm running 100 HP injectors, that I'll have presures reset to P pump levals. What am I going to have to do to this pump(215 pump) to get into this horsepower leval? Am I going to need delivery valves, rack plug? I have little experence with the 12 valves, lots with 24 valves.

Delivery valves are not needed. Rack plug does not do much good on the 215 pump, so don't waste your money. One of the reasons for the bell crank is because the throttle cable pulls and the actual throttle on the pump pushes forward. In other words the bell crank reverses the throttle cables action.

There is a cheap kit to replace ALL the linkage and use the 24v APPS & cables. all bolt-in.

Back