Tierod snapped....... Help

JessyPayne

Jessy Payne
Snapped a tie rod doing a 4 wheel launch, It's the third time and I think I maxed my boost out when I done it. What should I buy to replace it it's the right one and how much money am I looking at?????????

Maybe you should look into a boost demaxer and maybe this wont happen again

on second thought, those toyo tires you have are way way to sticky to be doing what your doing with all that boost, maybe try a cheaper tire with less compound to help with the slip

The Cognito's or a set of Sleeves do wonders for those trucks,

I broke my buddies on stock power, put in a set of sleeves and no issues since...

I got the rareparts tierods and cognito braces in a package for just over $400. The braces make the steering a little tighter, and you get all new inner and outer tierods that make the stock ones look tiny.

cognito braces and rare parts tierods,(wile your in there look at a cognito HD idler pivot assembly) i seen a couple factory braces break at the balljoint end even with sleeves

the sleeves didnt bend just snapped the end off by the jam nut....wont happen with the rare parts tierods

I run tie rod sleeves and the brace that all-season diesel offers. It's half the price of the cognito braces and it's the same brace Tony ran on all his dirty hooker trucks, so you know it's capable of holding big power. The only downfall of the brace is, it will only work with a stock height truck. It will not work with lifted trucks. O and took about 15 minutes to install.

I run tie rod sleeves and the brace that all-season diesel offers. It's half the price of the cognito braces and it's the same brace Tony ran on all his dirty hooker trucks, so you know it's capable of holding big power. The only downfall of the brace is, it will only work with a stock height truck. It will not work with lifted trucks. O and took about 15 minutes to install.
:doh:

Thanks buddy..... Ill check into those still haven't got it back together yet

cognito braces and rare parts tierods,(wile your in there look at a cognito HD idler pivot assembly) i seen a couple factory braces break at the balljoint end even with sleeves

the sleeves didnt bend just snapped the end off by the jam nut....wont happen with the rare parts tierods

Thanks, and Yes I snapped it right after the Nut exactly

There's just something disappointing about that, Rob. I always kinda wondered why you gave up on the Dmax.

O/P, curious as to what RPM and/or boost numbers you are launching at. IMO, sleeves, braces or centerlink, and drop the torsions and you shouldnt have any issues. If you have lift keys or have raised the torsions, then you're just asking for trouble.

Last edited:
If u guys are breaking tie rods with sleeves, u need to rethink what ur doing. U have something wrong with the geometry, and no matter how many parts you throw at it ur gonna break stuff. With the right geometry, the steering can be indestructible for less than 100 bucks. I would never give up the traction of ifs for a solid axle

Back