tips on the switch putting 12valve in my 99

skyler1101

ok guys I just purchased a fully built scheid 12 valve pulling motor im going to be putting it into my 99 24valve.

So far I have removed the main harness ecm and pcm took the apps out cut the cable going from the throttle other then this im basically wondering what is all needed to make this swap.

Im going to be running an electric water pump off the battery and ill be running starter but ill need the 12 valve throttle linkage setup correct? wheres the cheapest place to get one ? links? any other things I may be missing that will need to be changed to run this old 12 valve in my 24?

I plan on purchasing a racing fuse block from summit to make the tail lights work etc...

Also I plan on purchasing a dhd transfer case will it bolt up to either the 12 or 24 valve or will I need to purchase an older style one ???

Sorry for some of the noob questions but I always tried playing the vp games and I just couldn't catch up to the mechanical injection guys so its time to play with the big boys!

Thanks for all the help guys!

you will need a transmission, you cant bolt the transfer case to a 12 or 24 valve

sorry about that buddy my mistake my brain is scrambled been a terribly long day, thank you for the correction though.

I guess what I should be asking is will my 5 spdbtrans I currently have bolt directly to the back of the new 12v the did shouldn't be a problem

My suggestion on transfer case would be an NP271 if your staying OEM style drivetrain. Like said above the adapter plate will fit 12v or 24v and I'm not sure if your auto or manual but the same adapter plate works for both. Your gonna need a sufficient Fuel pump to supply your new mechanical injection pump so you need to decide between a mechanical fuel pump like the Waterman or go electronic like the Aeromotive, Fuel Lab, Fass, AirDogs. Depending what you go with you'll need to incorporate filters and a fuel return either a Tork-Tec OFV or adjustable regulator on return side. You mentioned linkage and there's plenty of choices on how to do it, I used a 24V Apps and used Crazy Carl's kit to mount it to the Apps. Or go Hand throttle and design your own setup. Assuming your not running a PCM now I guess your option of running an alternator is out so running an electronic water pump is your best best. You will need to install a shutdown cable for your fuel shutoff on the P7100 and wire up a starter switch. I'm sure there's a lot more I'm forgetting but just adding my .02c

Back