To pull or not to pull?

Baytown is this saturday and I WANT to pull but I am a little worried about breaking the input shaft, IF I pull I will be running some 33" BFG M/T's that half maybe half tread so...

So how many of you have pulled a few times with 500+ hp on the stock input and not had it shear off?

And also how many of you guys think I would be ok for just this one pull? lol

Thank ya'll!

Baytown is this saturday and I WANT to pull but I am a little worried about breaking the input shaft, IF I pull I will be running some 33" BFG M/T's that half maybe half tread so...

So how many of you have pulled a few times with 500+ hp on the stock input and not had it shear off?

And also how many of you guys think I would be ok for just this one pull? lol

Thank ya'll!

Don't do it if it breaks you are SOL, I have seen many of the 1-1/4's break on the street. $.02
Brandon

Go try and break it...that way you'll know if you really want to do truck pulling seriously.

didnt break mine this summer! I thought it would be the first to go, but its still intact. i ay so, scope out the sled and see how bad it hits or how heavy it is and go from there.

kevin & dan's got a few dealers down in houston that will get you fixed up if you break. I know I already asked. :)

I pulled all last season with the stock input. I twisted the input towing my trailer through the mountains early this summer. I don't think it will break unless you have a extremely tight track & a heavy sled.

Go try and break it...that way you'll know if you really want to do truck pulling seriously.

Even if I wanted to do it seriously I wouldn't be able to, there are very few sled pulls in my area except for Baytown lol.

My buddy twisted his stocker on the street pulling a big load up a hill... I think I am going to sleep on it lol.

Even if I wanted to do it seriously I wouldn't be able to, there are very few sled pulls in my area except for Baytown lol.

My buddy twisted his stocker on the street pulling a big load up a hill... I think I am going to sleep on it lol.

Yep, all the ones that I know of have broke on the street. It is caused from overtorqueing & good traction. When sled pulling, your wheels will spin in loose dirt/mud.

Pull it. Your not dirving a Mord(FORD). If you brake it then you know you have enough Hp to brake parts.

A guy around here has pulled all season with his small shaft. Hasn't broke one on the track yet, but he has gone through about 5 on the street. If its a loose track, you should be ok, just what ever you do, come off the clutch slowley and don't drop the pedal at all. Do you have a double disk, or a singe. Pull 3rd low if you have a double disk. I don't think a single would handle that kind of gear. May want some traction bars and suspension blocks aswell.

Back