too much timing

fearthedeere6.7

What are the symptoms of to much timing? If i mash my truck going down the road it acts like its getting over fueled and starts to die.

Great explanation of everything man... Nice!

Need a little more info than that if you would like some help. Be more in depth.

I dont know what to explain I want to know how a 12v will act with to much timing. It doesn't act like a fuel pressure. Almost acts like im getting under the turbo.

White smoke, black smoke, popping, hard starting, defueling???

when timing slipped on mine

too far forward, it would sputter, smoke white.. and really. not start easily.. would barely stay running with 100 percent throttle.. if that helps any..

no dont think timing slipped not white smoke or popping. If i put it to the floor it will pull for few then starts to cut out and act like a cold start. I think ive got the timing to high and am putting the fire out. Truck has 5x16s full cuts maxed 160 and a hx 52 ran great at 20 degrees but when i changed that head and head gasket i bumped timing up to 26 degrees due to the .020 gasket and since i am using a 9mm head the injector washers are thicker than before. It does hard start but its gotten chilly here and im only running one batt.

Full cuts, the head gasket, big charger...

My question now is the afc tuned?

no dont think timing slipped not white smoke or popping. If i put it to the floor it will pull for few then starts to cut out and act like a cold start. I think ive got the timing to high and am putting the fire out. Truck has 5x16s full cuts maxed 160 and a hx 52 ran great at 20 degrees but when i changed that head and head gasket i bumped timing up to 26 degrees due to the .020 gasket and since i am using a 9mm head the injector washers are thicker than before. It does hard start but its gotten chilly here and im only running one batt.

Sounds like enough fueling upgrades to run the pump dry, especially in the 2700+ rpm range. What are you feeding it with as far as lift pump pressure?

Full cuts, the head gasket, big charger...

My question now is the afc tuned?

yes i can leave a stop light harder than the rest of traffic and barely haze.

I havent had a pressure issue since i put my torktech ofv on. with 45 psi it ran just fine before head gasket and timing advance.

put a 7mm thin washer in it. that will help it. and if its still bad your going to bump timing down a few degress.

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? And if your timing was say 30 deg's or so Adv you would hear a knock. As for the thicker head gasket and washers it will move your spay pattern further from the piston bowl. This creates high EGT's.

Back