tps??????

Kick Start

Banned
On long trips my truck starts ideling high and then the pedal will go dead. I can turn the truck off and do the key on off trick and get the codes: 1693 and 0123. 0123 is high signal voltage to tps and 1693 is dtc in pcm. Do I need to get a new tps or is there something else causing this? Thanks.

Try resetting it. Turn the key on, press the pedal down all the way to the floor slowly, bring it back up. Turn key off. Test drive.

I've done that. It only acts up on 3hr plus drives. Made it from nashville to roanoke, virginia last nite and 20 miles from roanoke it went dead pedal. Did the key trick and she fired back up and only glitched once. Reset it this morning with the pedal.
I'm just wondering if I need to change the tps or if its something else?

I disconnected the APPS/TPS connector and found one of the pins discolored. I re-connected & disconnected it several times and evidently made a better connection and this last time no dead pedal for over a year.

Yea so I'm not so good at this or the sensor is broke. It will either read .07V or 4.389V. Can't get it to stay in the middle.

Probably will have to replace it. Can hit the pedal once now and then it goes dead the next time I hit it. Can't reset it with the pedal neither.

Back