Tranny gone!

DuraDan

Diesel Monkey
Well, went to the drags today, made about 8 passes... then on the 9th right when i hit second gear there was a big BANG and then no 2nd... had to drive all the way home going 20mph at like 2,400 rpm....
On like my 5th pass right at the line I had my turbo spooled and right when the light turn green i romped on it and it went no where, so then i let off, looked to see if i was in neutral cause that was what it felt like, then i got back on the throttle and then it went like normal... the next 3 runs were normal and good too... but then the 9th my tranny said "i give up!" lol...

those E40D's are weak in stock form it seems, thats just been my experience with them

since you put a tuner on it, and especially since you added the bigger sticks, it has been goin "tick-tock tick-tock tick-tock"

JSD??? I would but another BTS no matter what. That of JW trans. None other then those 2.

Intermediate was smoked, and direct was pretty bad as well... tranny should be all back together and rebuilt Wednesday or Thursday! cant wait to have my truck back

So what all are you having put In it

billet input shaft, upgraded clutch packs, billet torque conv, tranny cooler, hytec pan, steel planetary's and some other stuff that chris does... not 100% sure, im no tranny expert, lol... but now i wont have to worry about my tranny temp in summer...

and bein worried when we drive to events that it will blow up sucks as well... lol

Tranny should be in tomorrow! cant wait to hit the track on saturday!!!!

Back