Tranny help!

dieselsmoker

tryin to be original!!!
Burnt some c1 clutches, replaced them, c2's also along with rotating clutch housing. Back together and now slams gears with tune down at even light throttle. Reset taps multiple times, tried different tcm, pulled back apart everything looks good. Slams 1-2, 2-3,3-4 , and5-6. 4-5 isn't bad for some reason. Bad speed sensors? No code history though. I'm at a loss. Thanks guys.

Tranny

Yes did fast learn. Never changed at all or altered behavior. Acted as though no response at all with either tcm. Have clearances wrote down in shop. Would have to check to see what they end up at? What would be another's clearance preferences? Could having a specific clutch clearance off cause all those shift probs, and no change or improvement? Thought that would be more gear specific.

Clearances are important with an Allison. What type of clutches? Also what scan tool is being used to do a fast learn procedure?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That is if re setting taps and the fast relearn doesn't work or a high possibility they are set to the wrong clearance, i have found on most alli's I've built the kits you install usually aren't at the right clearance specs and have had to get custom plates machined

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tranny

Everything in rotating housing looked great. Had different thickness steels, backing or apply plates also. Valve body looks perfect. Just seems like a electrical problem. Had some po700 codes but cts just gives generic description. No scanner in my hand at that time. Twice letting it go thru gears at light throttle it stayed stuck in 5th gear when stopped. Has anyone had speed sensors or wiring to it fail, or am I off base?

Back