Tranny help

Norris

Poor Farmboy
i have been tinkering with the wifes 02 dmax. shes wanting something to haul ass and still be her DD and use on farm. I got her a PPE hot+2 Xcellerator, intake, boost valve, and tranny pan.

I got her tuner loaded up tonight and attempted level 5. it was pretty nasty, but limped the tranny like i thought it would.

I was wondering what it would take to run this tuner in level 5-10... i was thinking a Suncoast converter, maybe a valve body?? i want it to hold the power output of the PPE and not hurt my tranny, the truck only has 38K miles!

help me out dmax guys- im clueless! also wondering how soon im going to need a new lift pump? was thinking just a FASS 150.... that would work fine wouldnt it?

your close to MI,

I'll build you a trans to hold the power and have great daily drivability.

Your taking the right steps! A torque Converter and a Valve body is a good place to start.. But Why not go ahead and put a shift kit in it?

A lift pump is a good idea. There are several vendors on the site that will be more tha happy to help steer you in the right direction!

i didnt even think of a shift kit! who do you guys recommend? suncoast 4 all 3?

give harley a call tomorrow morning(8 or 9 eastern time)get our number from our website. Harley is the duramax doctor.He can help you out. I would just say call me but i will be very busy tomorrow. You may have to leave him a message but he will call you back.Ask him about a airdog,these things are vital. I would never think about doing anything without one of these.

im not in need of a dang stage 3 suncoast! my tranny is ok, just needs a few parts... its a farm truck, not my puller!

I would go with a better set of clutches than stock. I thought my trans would be fine with a new converter(ATS 5*) shift kit(bully dog) and a stock rebuild. I was wrong after the first 100 or so miles I knew I made a BIG mistake. Just a little over 10k later I need a new trans. Alot of money was spent the first time but take my advice and do it right the first time.

"TINKERING" is where the sickness begins. I just want a chip and intake........ Then before long here comes the dual fulers......We bought ATS satge III, lasted 1 year, now have the extreme.... Do it right the first time SunCoast or ATS save you some $$$$$$$ in the long run!Justmy2cts

...PPE hot+2 Xcellerator...
I got her tuner loaded up tonight and attempted level 5. it was pretty nasty, but limped the tranny like i thought it would....

im not in need of a dang stage 3 suncoast! my tranny is ok, just needs a few parts... its a farm truck, not my puller!

If you limped it, you damaged it. The clutches and steels are now burned.

If you want to hold the PPE 5-10, you need a Stage III.

i didnt even think of a shift kit! who do you guys recommend? suncoast 4 all 3?

to install the complete shift kit you would have to disassemble the trans anyway. suncoast 3 or 4.

if you limped, you have some damage! just do it once, and do it right. you are already in need of a lift pump, fass, or air dog would be great.

your close to MI,

I'll build you a trans to hold the power and have great daily drivability.

this guy is the Man when it comes to the dmax, and the allison. there are only 2 guys i would let touch my allison, and eric is 1 of them= dmaxallitech! but if you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself!

Back