Tranny questions...

Lil' E

Fuel Junky
I have a buddy of mine who has recently bought a PPE for his 06 Duramax and he went out and ran the truck after he put it in and he said the tranny started acting up on him and felt like it was slipping. I am wondering if the Allisons are anything like the 5R110 in the Fords where they go into a limp mode if the tranny is not trained to the power? So I thought I would turn here. Thanks in advance. :thankyou2:

They need to learn.

The PPE should have quick learn feature, and at the same time if you have a Hot Plus 2 or above you could be over powering the trans.

Ok thanks for the help. Thats what I thought but wanted to make sure before I gave him an answer since I'm not as familiar with the Duramax.

They need to learn.

The PPE should have quick learn feature, and at the same time if you have a Hot Plus 2 or above you could be over powering the trans.

Agreed, plus keep it under 90hp to prevent limping

Agreed, plus keep it under 90hp to prevent limping

Agreed!!! I played on the 120 hp setting with my 05 one too many times and now I have fully built suncoast stage IV and converter. Runs awesome, but a little tough on the wallet!!!!!

To answer you question though, let it learn the new power and definately keep it under an extra 100 hp.

Back