trans for sled pulling

duramax715

Hey guys, season just started and I have got two somewhat hooks in and isn't going good. I bought this truck this winter its a 05 and had a built trans when I got it. First hook it though a code on me and then some valve in transmission sticking in valve body. took it about and didn't really like what seen in pan lots of metal shaving. Hooked this weekend and pretty sure I toasted it the rest of the way. Whats everyone recommend to put in it for rebuild. Some people say put suncoast in then another buddy said put In a zf6 but I have no idea what to do.

Is it a dedicated puller? Or still a daily driver also? What are your plans for the truck? HP? Etc etc...

Sent from phone

yeah its a dedicated puller, .20 over 15:5:1 ratio ross pistons, carrilo rods ats flex plate ati dampner aroura 5000 charger, 90 over injectors, 120% cp3 I have a dual set up but its not hooked up yet, air to water intercooler

If on the east side of the country, then Brad @ Calvin's auto in LA and if the west side then Mike @ Inglewood transmission.

If on the east side of the country, then Brad @ Calvin's auto in LA and if the west side then Mike @ Inglewood transmission.

This^

Take your truck to either of those places and let them do magic. You won't have a trans problem for a long time.

Back