Trans Prices?

silver ram

Hello everyone I just recently joined and I'm new to the diesels! I want to get my trans rebuilt by Garmon Diesel. I got an email quote a few months back from Jeff saying a basic rebuild is $3000. Are there many options between that and the full billet builds? I can't really afford $8000 or whatever they cost. I have an 05 QCLB with 125,000 miles on it. So I don't want to turn up the power too much right now. I just want to be able to drive it hard and not worry about breaking something in the trans. Thanks for any info,William. Looking forward to the event at Bowling Green this weekend!

you can go with our tow unit and a billet input shaft..runs a little over 4K i think

Okay, I think I can afford that. I'm hoping to drop the trans off at the shop in the near future. Do I pay up front or what is the procedure? Also what is a rough price on Garmon installing the trans after the rebuild? Lastly do you bypass that small heat exchanger? I've just heard several horror stories about that thing. Thanks for your time,William.

Okay, I think I can afford that. I'm hoping to drop the trans off at the shop in the near future. Do I pay up front or what is the procedure? Also what is a rough price on Garmon installing the trans after the rebuild? Lastly do you bypass that small heat exchanger? I've just heard several horror stories about that thing. Thanks for your time,William.

you pay after we build it...just bring us the truck and we can install it and make sure all the linkages are correct.and flush the tranny lines and all real good..i think it's the same price if we install it ...thanks kyle (sticky)

4350 will get you a :

Billet Input
Garmon VB
Flex Plate
a Triple disk DPC converter
Installed.

Thanks for the info guys! That sounds pretty fair to me. I just need to install the radiator,intercooler and several other things first. And save a little bit more money. What is the typical turnaround on a rebuild? Also what is the verdict on the little heat exchanger for the trans? Anyone going to KY. Saturday ? Thanks again,William.

If you make an appointment, Jeff can have you in and out that day!!!

I left my heat exchanger on.. No ill effects so far.

Yeah, Jeff does great work! give him notice and if like mine have on built and ready to go in and back out the door within about 4.5hrs turn around time. So far I love my trans! I have their 47RE Tow Unit with Triple Disc.

Back