Trans relearn lower 1/4 times?

LlyDMax

This may be floating around but if not I'm sure someone will chime in. I took my truck to the track for the first time since my EFI live tunes. Ran about 5 times, 2 on my #3 tune 402/766 and 2 on my #4 tune 423/795, and dropped from a 14.4 to a 13.9 over the night. My big tune, which I ran once, made 452/856 on Danville's rollers and is what ran the 13.9. I guess my question is if I run my big tune and hit the trans relearn before running will I shave more time off? The 13.9 run was my last run but I was consistently dropping 1/10th every time. I don't usually drive the truck hard which is why I feel the relearn could be good for my times. Thanks guys hopefully someone can let me know if this would be a good or bad idea. Tranny hasn't ever been slipped or limped... Somehow. I was hitting fairly consistent 1.9 60' times holding 2000rpm and 4wd launching on heavy 20's and 305's at regular air pressure. Need to get tires for my PYO's to get my times down also. Hopefully someone has some pointers and tips on this!

EDIT: I know my Allison is on borrowed time already it's getting built this summer so thats not the issue. Just throwing that out there!

Last edited:
There's more to it then just resetting the tabs and blasting down the track. You need to reset your tabs then run your biggest tune on the street a while. 1-5th gear 25% throttle. 1-5th 50% throttle, 75% then do a wide open pull. Do the exact same thing in tow haul again. It needs time to learn and it will most likely help your times. Run in tow haul of you don't already

Yeah I run in tow haul with OD still on. Before I go next time I will have to reset it and let it learn being driven hard. It was a 1 owner truck before me and was driven by a older man so years of being babied have made it shift soft. Good for me I suppose. A guy at the track said running in tow haul with OD off will bump up line pressure. Any truth to this?

Back